Podcast: Play in new window | Download
This week’s Shakespeare news review includes Daniel Radcliffe’s ambition, musicals based on Shakespeare, “poisoning” actors, “Sleep No More,” and new reviews. PLUS our usual recap of this week’s daily highlights in Shakespearean history.
- Brexit, Shakespeare, and international law
- Shakespeare in the Squares announces 2017 production of Romeo and Juliet
- Judi Dench announced as new patron of touring Shakespeare theatre company
- Daniel Radcliffe: ‘I’m keen to do Shakespeare if I can bring something new’
- Norwich Cathedral announces The Comedy of Errors for its 2017 Shakespeare Festival
- Et tu, Trump? Political cartoons inspired by Shakespeare – in pictures
- Mark Shenton’s top 10 musicals based on Shakespeare
- Using Shakespeare to ease the trauma of war
- Shmoop releases side-by-side translations of Shakespeare online
- Shakespeare ‘poisoned’ by actors going over the top, director says
- Hedonism in Shanghai: Is this the most taboo take on Shakespeare yet?
- Julius Caesar by Oregon Shakespeare Festival (review)
- Cellfish by Auckland Arts Festival (review)
This podcast was recorded with a Yeti microphone by Blue Microphones on an iPad Air 2, using GarageBand for iOS. It was then edited in Adobe Audition Creative Cloud on a Dell Inspiron 3847 computer.
The bumper music (Blue Nuke) and the segue music (Sonic Chaos) are courtesy of Royalty Free Music.com, which offers a comprehensive music library of production music for your various royalty free music needs including full albums, tracks and free music clips, loops, and beats available for download.