This week’s video Shakespeare news review includes frail Ophelias, aging Bards, and Shakespearean relevancy in the 21st century. PLUS our usual recap of this week’s daily highlights in Shakespearean history.
- Best Of 2018: Jody’s favorite (and likely only) “Shakespeare cover band” in San Francisco
- Kenneth Branagh’s Shakespeare tale All is True connects the myth to the man
- Shakespeare in the Park season set
- Making Shakespeare relevant in the 21st century
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream by Chicago Shakespeare Theater (review)
- Macbeth by Australian Shakespeare Company (review)
This video was recorded with an iPad Air 2, using Teleprompter Premium and GarageBand for iOS. It was then edited in Adobe Premier Pro CC 2018 on a Dell Inspiron 3847 computer.
The royalty-free “opening” music (Moose) is courtesy of Bensound, which offers great royalty-free music as well, some of it free!
The “Old Film Countdown” leader is courtesy of Maxdev99 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRPQmaFQiwM).
The segue music (Sonic Chaos) are courtesy of Royalty Free Music.com, which offers a comprehensive music library of production music for your various royalty free music needs including full albums, tracks and free music clips, loops, and beats available for download.