This week’s video Shakespeare news review includes Shakespearean cartoons, State Department “swagger” (?), and a tragic mashup. PLUS our usual recap of this week’s daily highlights in Shakespearean history. This week, I sport my old Much Ado About Nothing tee from Camarillo Skyway Playhouse, where I’ll be directing As You Like It next winter!
- The mystery of the Shakespearean cartoons
- Royal Shakespeare Company pledges to make live musicians more prominent in its productions
- A State Department rallying cry from Shakespeare, via Jay-Z
- Othellomacbeth at the Lyric: How two Shakespeare plays became one story
- Hear Marianne Faithfull, Nick Cave channel Shakespeare on stirring new song ‘The Gypsy Faerie Queen’
- Frailty, thy name isn’t woman: fresh feminist takes on Shakespeare
- Twelfth Night by Royal Lyceum (review)
This video was recorded with an iPad Air 2, using Teleprompter Premiusm and GarageBand for iOS. It was then edited in Adobe Premier Pro CC 2018 on a Dell Inspiron 3847 computer.
The royalty-free “opening” music (Moose) is courtesy of Bensound, which offers great royalty-free music as well, some of it free!
The “Old Film Countdown” leader is courtesy of Maxdev99 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRPQmaFQiwM).
The segue music (Sonic Chaos) are courtesy of Royalty Free Music.com, which offers a comprehensive music library of production music for your various royalty free music needs including full albums, tracks and free music clips, loops, and beats available for download.