This week’s video Shakespeare news review includes Shakespeare in prison and a boatload of summer Shakes reviews (all presented in new season’s t-shirt from Independent Shakespeare Company!). PLUS our usual recap of this week’s daily highlights in Shakespearean history.
- Prisoners find their voice through Shakespeare at Groveland prison
- All’s Well That Ends Well by Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival (reviews: Morning Call | Philly.com | WHYY)
- Hamlet by Houston Shakespeare Festival (review)
- Romeo and Juliet by Santa Cruz Shakespeare Festival (review)
- Twelfth Night by Public Theater (reviews: NY Times | Daily Beast | Deadline Hollywood | Entertainment Weekly)
- The Wind and the Rain at Calgary Fringe Festival (review)
This video was recorded with an iPad Air 2, using Teleprompter Premiusm and GarageBand for iOS. It was then edited in Adobe Premier Pro CC 2018 on a Dell Inspiron 3847 computer.
The royalty-free “opening” music (Moose) is courtesy of Bensound, which offers great royalty-free music as well, some of it free!
The “Old Film Countdown” leader is courtesy of Maxdev99 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRPQmaFQiwM).
The segue music (Sonic Chaos) are courtesy of Royalty Free Music.com, which offers a comprehensive music library of production music for your various royalty free music needs including full albums, tracks and free music clips, loops, and beats available for download.