This week’s Shakespeare news review podcast includes the Shakespeare’s new contemporaries, Ethan Hawke, and Tom Hanks as Falstaff. PLUS our usual recap of this week’s daily highlights in Shakespearean history.
- Shakespeare’s Globe coming in Sept with Twelfth Night, The Merchant Of Venice and The Taming Of The Shrew
- American Shakespeare Center names ‘Shakespeare’s New Contemporaries’
- Ethan Hawke reveals the best Shakespeare advice he ever got on The Late Show
- 5 Keys to preparing your Shakespeare monologue
- Things to do in New York: Shakespeare (Drunk or in the Park)
- All’s Well That Ends Well by New Orleans Shakespeare Festival (review)
- Henry the Fourth by Shakespeare Center of Los Angeles (review: Entertainment Weekly | LA Times | Variety)
This podcast was recorded with a Yeti microphone by Blue Microphones on an iPad Air 2, using GarageBand for iOS. It was then edited in Adobe Audition Creative Cloud on a Dell Inspiron 3847 computer.
The bumper music (Blue Nuke) and the segue music (Sonic Chaos) are courtesy of Royalty Free Music.com, which offers a comprehensive music library of production music for your various royalty free music needs including full albums, tracks and free music clips, loops, and beats available for download.
The royalty-free “commercial” music (Moose) is courtesy of Bensound, which offers great royalty-free music as well, some of it free!