I’ve been thinking about how to proceed. While it might make sense to dive right back into the not-quite-Canon plays (while I’m still in that frame of mind), I feel like I want a change in pace.
So I think I’m going to go all poetic on your @ss…
- February 2018: Venus and Adonis
- March-April 2018: Lucrece
- May 2018 through April 2019: Sonnets
- May 2019: A Lover’s Complaint
- then maybe the plays?
Yeah, I know, it seems that my pacing is slowing down. And it’s true…as a plan. As I get going, though, I may adjust that tentative schedule.
- Text-based discussions on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays (for the Sonnets, one per day, three per week)
- “This Week In Shakespeare” PODCASTS on Tuesdays
- “Media Look” on Thursdays (not sure what this will look like, but I think I want to look at Shakespeare in the media, whether that’s a look at Kurosawa’s Throne of Blood, Neil Gaiman’s Sandman, or something else…who knows)
- the “Saturday sumthin sumthin” (at first, I’ll start with “reports from the trenches” for the upcoming Othello production I’m in, then the PCA conference where I’ll be presenting on Shakespeare and Westworld, then something on the series of Shakespeare workshops I’ll be doing in April, then…)
- Podcast Sundays (I’m thinking of focusing on interviews with Shakespeare-related artists, writers, teachers, or lovers at least once a month)
Of course, this is as of January 24… and is subject to whim/change…