This week’s Shakespeare news review podcast includes upcoming seasons, a new Hamlet, and a group of professional drinkers with a Shakespeare problem. PLUS our usual recap of this week’s daily highlights in Shakespearean history.
- Shakespeare in the Park to remount Twelfth Night musical; Othello also on tap
- Shakespeare & Company announces 2018 season
- Kenneth Branagh & Lily Cole join BBC Shakespeare comedy Upstart Crow
- Michael Grandage finds Shakespeare in Frozen
- Boozing with the Bard: How the masses find common ground with Shakespeare
- Hamlet at the Harman Center for the Arts (reviews: NY Times | Washington Post | Broadway World)
- Ophelia (film review)
This podcast was recorded with a Yeti microphone by Blue Microphones on an iPad Air 2, using GarageBand for iOS. It was then edited in Adobe Audition Creative Cloud on a Dell Inspiron 3847 computer.
The bumper music (Blue Nuke) and the segue music (Sonic Chaos) are courtesy of Royalty Free Music.com, which offers a comprehensive music library of production music for your various royalty free music needs including full albums, tracks and free music clips, loops, and beats available for download.
The royalty-free “commercial” music (Moose) is courtesy of Bensound, which offers great royalty-free music as well, some of it free!