This week’s Shakespeare news review podcast includes Hamilton in Macbeth, a bunch of Scots in London, and a face-palm for Oates. PLUS our usual recap of this week’s daily highlights in Shakespearean history.
- Is this another Macbeth I see before me?
- Gender-swapped Shakespeare is now routine — and that’s great news for theatre
- Watch Lin-Manuel Miranda slay a low-budget Macbeth in 8th grade
- Joyce Carol Oates asks if Othello works without him being a Moor—um…nope
- Nashville Shakespeare Festival kicks off 30th anniversary season with Hamlet
03:57 — Should be “Kenneth Branagh” not “Nicol Williamson”
This podcast was recorded with a Yeti microphone by Blue Microphones on an iPad Air 2, using GarageBand for iOS. It was then edited in Adobe Audition Creative Cloud on a Dell Inspiron 3847 computer.
The bumper music (Blue Nuke) and the segue music (Sonic Chaos) are courtesy of Royalty Free Music.com, which offers a comprehensive music library of production music for your various royalty free music needs including full albums, tracks and free music clips, loops, and beats available for download.
The royalty-free “commercial” music (Moose) is courtesy of Bensound, which offers great royalty-free music as well, some of it free!