This week’s double-stuffed Shakespeare news review podcast includes some Caesar, fiancees, dramaturgy, and Chinese recreations. PLUS our usual recap of this week’s daily highlights in Shakespearean history.
- Shakespeare for the modern times
- OSF dramaturg: Bringing the vision to the stage
- Julius Caesar by Actors’ Shakespeare Project (reviews: Boston Globe | TheaterMania)
- DeLEARious by Open Fist (review)
- Prince Harry’s fiancée Meghan Markle is related to William Shakespeare and Winston Churchill
- SD Shakespeare Festival announces sixth annual summer season
- Antony and Cleopatra at Gray Studios (review)
- China is recreating Shakespeare’s Birthplace
- Shakespeare-themed micropub given green light
This podcast was recorded with a Yeti microphone by Blue Microphones on an iPad Air 2, using GarageBand for iOS. It was then edited in Adobe Audition Creative Cloud on a Dell Inspiron 3847 computer.
The bumper music (Blue Nuke) and the segue music (Sonic Chaos) are courtesy of Royalty Free Music.com, which offers a comprehensive music library of production music for your various royalty free music needs including full albums, tracks and free music clips, loops, and beats available for download.
The royalty-free “commercial” music (Moose) is courtesy of Bensound, which offers great royalty-free music as well, some of it free!