This week’s Shakespeare news review podcast includes: a Bollywood Titus, the death of Will, and Shakespeare Behind Bars, again. PLUS our usual recap of this week’s daily highlights in Shakespearean history.
- GoT Season 8 theory: Will Daenerys Targareyen die? References to Shakespeare’s works may confirm
- The Hungry: Can Bollywood do justice to Shakespeare’s bloodiest and least respected play?
- Shakespeare drama Will canceled at TNT
- Reinventing Shakespeare, according to the gospel of Joseph Papp
- Schools need to make Shakespeare physical, relevant and experimental’
- Women tackling more of Shakespeare’s male roles, with good results
- Inmates performing Shakespeare gain valuable life skills
- Barbara Gaines and the Chicago Shakespeare Theater are shaking up Shakespeare’s The Taming of the Shrew
- As You Like It by Public Theater (review)
- Julius Caesar by Scena Theatre (review)
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream by Cincinnati Shakespeare Company (review)
This podcast was recorded with a Yeti microphone by Blue Microphones on an iPad Air 2, using GarageBand for iOS. It was then edited in Adobe Audition Creative Cloud on a Dell Inspiron 3847 computer.
The bumper music (Blue Nuke) and the segue music (Sonic Chaos) are courtesy of Royalty Free Music.com, which offers a comprehensive music library of production music for your various royalty free music needs including full albums, tracks and free music clips, loops, and beats available for download.
The royalty-free “commercial” music (Moose) is courtesy of Bensound, which offers great royalty-free music as well, some of it free!