Well, here we are, in Ashland, Oregon, for our yearly sojourn to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival!
On the docket:
- This afternoon, the musical Shakespeare in Love, followed by The First Part of Henry the Fourth tonight.
- Tomorrow, The Second Part of Henry the Fourth (in the same theater, with the same cast, but a different director (and I’m assuming a different directorial concept); then completing the Falstaff trifecta: The Merry Wives of Windsor (with the old fat man played by a woman).
- Friday, an off afternoon then The Odyssey.
- On Saturday, a matinee of Off the Rails (a reimagining of Measure for Measure historically set on an Indian reservation), then Disney’s Beauty and the Beast.
- Then we close it off on Sunday with Julius Caesar.
I’m excited(ly tired even) thinking about it…