This week’s Shakespeare news review podcast includes tickets, heroes and villains, and female Falstaffs and Hamlets). PLUS our usual recap of this week’s daily highlights in Shakespearean history.
- Win tickets to the 2017 Utah Shakespeare Festival & dinner!
- Steven Berkoff on returning to movies, crowd-funding Shakespeare (EXCLUSIVE)
- Opening: Griffith Park free Shakespeare Festival
- All-female cast powers Shakespeare’s Merry Wives
- Get thee to Shakespeare on the Green
- King Lear by Shakespeare on the Green (review)
- Measure for Measure by Theater for a New Audience (reviews: NY Times | The Stage)
- Hamlet by Colorado Shakespeare Festival (review)
- The Merry Wives of Windsor by Freewill Shakespeare Festival (review)
This podcast was recorded with a Yeti microphone by Blue Microphones on an iPad Air 2, using GarageBand for iOS. It was then edited in Adobe Audition Creative Cloud on a Dell Inspiron 3847 computer.
The bumper music (Blue Nuke) and the segue music (Sonic Chaos) are courtesy of Royalty Free Music.com, which offers a comprehensive music library of production music for your various royalty free music needs including full albums, tracks and free music clips, loops, and beats available for download.
The royalty-free “commercial” music (Moose) is courtesy of Bensound, which offers great royalty-free music as well, some of it free!