This week’s Shakespeare news review podcast includes a rap Coriolanus, staged Canon readings, and a “sensitive” Richard III. PLUS our usual recap of this week’s daily highlights in Shakespearean history.
- Steve Bannon’s rap musical has been found, and it is some unhinged nonsense
- 11 strange Shakespeare adaptations
- Shakespeare Dallas will perform every word the Bard wrote
- Utah Shakespeare Festival Artistic Director David Ivers announces resignation, new role
- In a reversal, prison officials extend Shakespeare program for inmates
- Hollywood Fringe presents LA premiere of Willy’s Lil Virgin Queen
- Shakespeare’s Richard III to be staged at Leicester Cathedral
- Learn to Charleston with Shakespeare
- Shakespeare in Hollywood is a farce about making a film of famed A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- Macbeth by Rogue Theater (review)
- Macbeth by Shakespeare Theatre Company (review)
This podcast was recorded with a Yeti microphone by Blue Microphones on an iPad Air 2, using GarageBand for iOS. It was then edited in Adobe Audition Creative Cloud on a Dell Inspiron 3847 computer.
The bumper music (Blue Nuke) and the segue music (Sonic Chaos) are courtesy of Royalty Free Music.com, which offers a comprehensive music library of production music for your various royalty free music needs including full albums, tracks and free music clips, loops, and beats available for download.
The royalty-free “commercial” music (Moose) is courtesy of Bensound, which offers great royalty-free music as well, some of it free!