Podcast: Play in new window | Download
This week’s Shakespeare news review podcast includes new execs, art shows, guides, reviews, and a red face. PLUS our usual recap of this week’s daily highlights in Shakespearean history.
- Utah Shakespeare Festival welcomes Frank Mack as new Executive Producer
- Cal Lutheran hosts Shakespeare art show
- Who needs a calendar? Theaters prepare Shakespeare, so it must be summer
- Exam board red-faced after Shakespeare question error
- Your guide to Shakespeare’s The Winter’s Tale
- Actors’ Shakespeare Project to present A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- Merchant of Venice kicks off Shakespeare Theatre of NJ’s 55th season
- Illinois Shakespeare Festival presents Shakespeare’s amazing Cymbeline
- ‘Quest for power’: Sweet Tea troupe performs Shakespearean classic Othello
- Madison Shakespeare Company presents As You Like It
- Julius Caesar by Sheffield Crucible (review)
- Richard III by Annapolis Shakespeare Company (review)
- Twelfth Night by Shakespeare’s Globe (reviews: Guardian | Telegraph | The Upcoming)
- The Merchant of Venice by Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey (review)
- New Boy by Tracy Chevalier (book review)
3:03 – should be “Artistic Director” not “Technical Director”
This podcast was recorded with a Yeti microphone by Blue Microphones on an iPad Air 2, using GarageBand for iOS. It was then edited in Adobe Audition Creative Cloud on a Dell Inspiron 3847 computer.
The bumper music (Blue Nuke) and the segue music (Sonic Chaos) are courtesy of Royalty Free Music.com, which offers a comprehensive music library of production music for your various royalty free music needs including full albums, tracks and free music clips, loops, and beats available for download.
The royalty-free “commercial” music (Moose) is courtesy of Bensound, which offers great royalty-free music as well, some of it free!