Podcast: Play in new window | Download
This week’s Shakespeare news review podcast includes El Barrio, Chesapeake, Roald Dahl, Fringe, and lots of Timon reviews. PLUS our usual recap of this week’s daily highlights in Shakespearean history.
- The Shakespeare Forum announces El Barrio’s Shakespeare Festival
- Commonwealth Shakespeare Company presents Romeo and Juliet
- Carmen Jones, a Terrence McNally premiere, and more set for Classic Stage’s 50th anniversary season
- Chesapeake Shakespeare to present The Tempest this summer
- Accessing Shakespeare one to two scenes at a time
- Roald Dahl crowned greatest storyteller of all time beating Shakespeare, Spielberg and Walt Disney to the title
- Upstate Shakespeare Festival explores heavy and light sides of the Bard
- BWW Interview: Intrepid Fringe opens 50 Shades of Shakespeare production of Measure for Measure at The Black Labrador Pub
- Macbeth by Shakespeare Theatre Company (review)
- Still Star Crossed by Shonda Rhimes (review)
- Timon of Athens by Folger Shakespeare Theatre (reviews: DC Theatre Scene | TheaterMania | Washington Post | DC Metro Theatre Arts)
This podcast was recorded with a Yeti microphone by Blue Microphones on an iPad Air 2, using GarageBand for iOS. It was then edited in Adobe Audition Creative Cloud on a Dell Inspiron 3847 computer.
The bumper music (Blue Nuke) and the segue music (Sonic Chaos) are courtesy of Royalty Free Music.com, which offers a comprehensive music library of production music for your various royalty free music needs including full albums, tracks and free music clips, loops, and beats available for download.
The royalty-free “commercial” music (Moose) is courtesy of Bensound, which offers great royalty-free music as well, some of it free!