This week’s Shakespeare news review NON-CAST includes announcements, retrospectives, and reviews….
- Odessa Shakespeare Festival announced for 2017
- British, American troops team up for Shakespeare performance in D.C.
- Shakespeare Unauthorised exhibition, by C&G Partners
- Banishing the Bard
- Dorn to star in Shakespeare play
- A summer guide to dark and sizzling Shakespeare
- Shakespeare on the screen: The sexing up of Othello (because race is still too controversial)
- Shakespeare the revolutionary
- Behold, Steve Bannon’s hip-hop Shakespeare rewrite: Coriolanus
- Notes on a truly Shakespearean year: An enlightened boldness brings out the best in the Bard
- Frog & Peach Theatre to kick off 20th season with Macbeth
- Othello by New York Theatre Workshop (reviews: Vulture | NJ.com | Daily Beast)
- Am I Not King: The Last Concert of Richard 2 in Winnipeg Canada (review)
- The Tempest by Melbourne Shakespeare Company (review)