This week’s Shakespeare news review includes Battle of the Bard, Westworld, teachers acting like actors, and a new credit for Mr. Marlowe. PLUS our usual recap of this week’s daily highlights in Shakespearean history.
- 350 high school students to unite in BATTLE OF THE BARD Shakespeare slam
- Westworld is full of Shakespeare quotations, but it’s using them all wrong
- The Play’s The Thing: the horrible histories of Shakespeare
- Actors Hall of Fame Foundation to host innagural Shakespeare Film Festival
- Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival announces 2017 summer season
- Brush Up Your Shakespeare
- To bring Shakespeare to life, teachers learn to act more like actors
- Winona’s Shakespeare Festival announces 14th season: Comedy of Errors, Richard III
- Shakespeare Festival will stage The Winter’s Tale
- Christopher Marlowe credited as one of Shakespeare’s co-writers
- Kentucky Shakespeare announces summer 2017 season
- Shakespeare festival announces 2017 shows
- PacRep takes a chance with Shakespeare’s King Lear.
- Pericles by Ten Thousand Things (reivew)
This podcast was recorded with a Yeti microphone by Blue Microphones on an iPad Air 2, using GarageBand for iOS. It was then edited in Adobe Audition Creative Cloud on a Dell Inspiron 3847 computer.
The bumper music (Blue Nuke) and the segue music (Sonic Chaos) are courtesy of Royalty Free Music.com, which offers a comprehensive music library of production music for your various royalty free music needs including full albums, tracks and free music clips, loops, and beats available for download.