Have a great day off!
Read some Shakespeare!
Have a hot dog… (recipe after the jump!)
- Spiral-cut a hot dog (my preference is turkey…yeah, it sounds boring, but let’s just call it the delivery system).
- Wrap the dog with a piece of bacon, sliding the bacon into that slice you just made.
- Grill like crazy, cooking that bacon, allowing the spiral cut to expand and give the dog more surface area to brown up.
- Take your hot dog bun, put a thin bead of mustard along the seam (I like a good jalapeno mustard, but spicy brown will work just as well).
- To one side of the mustard, put a thin strand of jalapeno relish.
and this is the key…
- To the other side of the mustard, put a layer of kimchi (the spicy Korean fermented slaw).
- Nestle that bacon-wrapped dog between the relish and the kimchi.