This week’s Shakespeare news review includes a whole lotta previews of the upcoming summer seasons, a handful of reviews, as well as Shakespeare USA and the Cult of Celebrity. PLUS our usual recap of this week’s daily highlights in Shakespearean history.
- Bob Crowley: ‘I’m not sure you can set Shakespeare anywhere, or at any time’
- Richmond Shakespeare Festival at Agecroft Hall starts this week
- Was Shakespeare a feminist?
- Shakespeare brought erotic poetry to housewives, Germaine Greer says
- Shakespeare, USA
- ‘Cult of Celebrity’ exhibition explores similarities between Shakespeare, Austen
- After two ‘high body count’ years, Shakespeare Festival brings back a mischievous audience favorite
- Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival’s 25th anniversary: Even more from the Bard
- Kenya: how Shakespeare play gave rise to Obama
- Titus Andronicus comes to Rose Playhouse as part of Contemporary Shakespeare
- Where to see Shakespeare in the parks of Brooklyn
- Colorado Shakespeare Festival is ready for a risky season
- Watch free Shakespeare performances in historic Castle Clinton
- Arkansas Shakespeare Theatre’s 10th season to open soon
- South Dakota Shakespeare Festival presents The Winter’s Tale
- The complexities of Shakespeare’s ‘Venice’
- Shakespeare on the Plaza: Much Ado and The Tempest presented in free shows
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream on BBC One (reviews: Telegraph | Guardian)
- Richard III by Shakespeare in the Ruins (reivew)
- As You Like It by Stratford Festival (review)
- The Comedy of Errors by Colorado Shakespeare Festival (review)
This podcast was recorded with the built-in microphone on an Acer Chromebook C720, using AudioRecorder from gideon.weissman (webaudiodemos.appspot.com). It was then edited in Adobe Audition Creative Cloud on a Dell Inspiron 3847 computer.
The bumper music (Blue Nuke) and the segue music (Sonic Chaos) are courtesy of Royalty Free Music.com, which offers a comprehensive music library of production music for your various royalty free music needs including full albums, tracks and free music clips, loops, and beats available for download.