Podcast: Play in new window | Download
This week’s Shakespeare news review includes a Midsummer Night’s Pubcrawl, partying like it’s 1599, the Bard on TV in the fall, and a little tug-of-war. PLUS our usual recap of this week’s daily highlights in Shakespearean history.
- Forget His Coinages, Shakespeare’s Real Genius Lies in His Noggin-Busting Compounds
- The 9 weirdest moments in Shakespeare plays
- BBC looks to follow Hollow Crown films with Shakespeare’s Roman plays
- ABC releases Still Star-Crossed trailer
- Dig at theater where Shakespeare worked uncovers a surprise
- TNT orders young Shakespeare series
- Will drama about young William Shakespeare picked up to series by TNT – watch trailer
- Is Hamlet sexist? Meet the director who says Shakespeare’s hero was an abusive boyfriend
- Kentucky Shakespeare 2016 summer season
- The all-female Shakespeare production turning the theater world upside down
- A Midsummer’s Night Pubcrawl brings Shakespeare to the bar
- Upstate Shakespeare offers favorites for a big year
- Enjoy a Wisconsin summer of outdoor theater, especially Shakespeare
- Keir Cutler’s Shakespeare Crackpot coming to Toronto Fringe
- The Hollow Crown by BBC2 (review)
- 1599 by Irondale Ensemble (review)
- King John by Trevor Nunn at Rose Theatre (review)
- Tug of War: Foreign Fire by Chicago Shakespeare Theater (review)
This podcast was recorded with the built-in microphone on an Acer Chromebook C720, using AudioRecorder from gideon.weissman (webaudiodemos.appspot.com). It was then edited in Adobe Audition Creative Cloud on a Dell Inspiron 3847 computer.
The bumper music (Blue Nuke) and the segue music (Sonic Chaos) are courtesy of Royalty Free Music.com, which offers a comprehensive music library of production music for your various royalty free music needs including full albums, tracks and free music clips, loops, and beats available for download.