Podcast: Play in new window | Download
This week’s Shakespeare news review includes the Notorious RBG, sexing up Henry VI, and Ian McKellen’s favorite Shakespeare performances. PLUS our usual recap of this week’s daily highlights in Shakespearean history.
- Supreme Court Justice to appear in Shakespeare play
- Finding a twin for Lenny Henry: a casting director’s take on Shakespeare
- My four centuries with Shakespeare
- Inside Moonlighting and How I Met Your Mother’s tributes to Shakespeare
- BBC accused of sexing up Shakespeare with Henry VI nude scene
- Sherlock star Andrew Scott to play Hamlet in new UK production
- Was Shakespeare really a she-kespeare? Book claims The Bard’s greatest works were written by a Jewish woman from a family of Venetian musicans living in London
- 400 years after Shakespeare’s death, a diverse world is his stage
- Ian McKellen’s favorite Shakespeare roles on film
- Othello by Independent Shakespeare Company (reviews: Examiner | Shakespeare in LA)
- Cumberbatch outrageously steals every scene in The Hollow Crown – first look review
- The Winter’s Tale by Baltimore Shakespeare Factory (review)
This podcast was recorded with the built-in microphone on an Acer Chromebook C720, using AudioRecorder from gideon.weissman (webaudiodemos.appspot.com). It was then edited in Adobe Audition Creative Cloud on a Dell Inspiron 3847 computer.
The bumper music (Blue Nuke) and the segue music (Sonic Chaos) are courtesy of Royalty Free Music.com, which offers a comprehensive music library of production music for your various royalty free music needs including full albums, tracks and free music clips, loops, and beats available for download.