This week’s Shakespeare news review includes put-downs, Africa, Seattle, and more Bard from around the world. PLUS our usual recap of this week’s daily highlights in Shakespearean history.
- 16 Put-Downs From Shakespeare. Insults Don’t Get More Epic
- The continual riddle of Shakespeare’s Pericles
- Celebrating heroism, debauchery and unsparing human truths
- Cymbeline: William Shakespeare’s mischievous cocktail of subversive energy
- Shakespeare has been performed in Seattle since 1864
- Which Shakespeare character are you?
- Shakespeare 400 – how the Bard influenced Africa
- Shakespeare in Swahililand: Adventures With the Ever-Living Poet by Edward Wilson-Lee (review)
- Shakespeare’s works influenced by science
- Shakespeare around the world [infographic]
- Utah Shakespeare Festival presents Hamlet tour, educational outreach program
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream by Reversed Shakespeare Company
- Othello by Shakespeare Theatre Company (review)
This podcast was recorded with the built-in microphone on an Acer Chromebook C720, using AudioRecorder from gideon.weissman (webaudiodemos.appspot.com). It was then edited in Adobe Audition Creative Cloud on a Dell Inspiron 3847 computer.
The bumper music (Blue Nuke) and the segue music (Sonic Chaos) are courtesy of Royalty Free Music.com, which offers a comprehensive music library of production music for your various royalty free music needs including full albums, tracks and free music clips, loops, and beats available for download.