This week’s Shakespeare news review includes why Othello is black, Copernicus, and the Chicago 400 Festival. PLUS our usual recap of this week’s daily highlights in Shakespearean history.
- Why is Othello black?
- On Shakespeare’s heavens
- Shakespeare 400 arts festival will turn Chicago into the world’s stage
- Shakespeare 400 will feature 100 productions
- The Taming of the Shrew by Baltimore Shakespeare Factory (review)
- Titus Andronicus by Chesapeake Shakespeare Company (review)
- Henry IV by Donmar Warehouse (review)
- Strange Eventful History by Independent Shakespeare Company (review)
- The Winter’s Tale by Branagh at the Garrick (review)
This podcast was recorded with the built-in microphone on an Acer Chromebook C720, using AudioRecorder from gideon.weissman (webaudiodemos.appspot.com). It was then edited in Adobe Audition Creative Cloud on a Dell Inspiron 3847 computer.
The bumper music (Blue Nuke) and the segue music (Sonic Chaos) are courtesy of Royalty Free Music.com, which offers a comprehensive music library of production music for your various royalty free music needs including full albums, tracks and free music clips, loops, and beats available for download.