This week’s Shakespeare news review includes Oregon Shakespeare Festival’s decision to update/translate the plays, sex jokes, pop sonnets, and a funny infographic. PLUS our usual recap of this week’s daily highlights in Shakespearean history.
- Oregon Shakespeare Festival to update/translate plays (coverage: FlavorWire | OPB | Playbill || announcement/faq)
- Presenting Shakespeare coffee table book released
- Shakespeare Festival St. Louis announces 2016 season
- Shakespeare and some sex jokes
- Pop Sonnets
- Tom Gauld on remaking Shakespeare – cartoon
- San Diego raises the Bard for Shakespeare’s sonnets
- King Lear by California Shakespeare Theater (reivew)
- Othello by Actors’ Shakespeare Project (review)
- Macbeth film with Fassbender (review)
- The Two Gentlemen of Verona by Utah Shakespeare Festival (review)
- Two mixed weeks of Shakespeare in Los Angeles
This podcast was recorded with the built-in microphone on an Acer Chromebook C720, using AudioRecorder from gideon.weissman (webaudiodemos.appspot.com). It was then edited in Adobe Audition Creative Cloud on a Dell Inspiron 3847 computer.
The bumper music (Blue Nuke) and the segue music (Sonic Chaos) are courtesy of Royalty Free Music.com, which offers a comprehensive music library of production music for your various royalty free music needs including full albums, tracks and free music clips, loops, and beats available for download.