This week’s Shakespeare news review includes two Bonds and the Bard, Titus, Agincourt, and a “Shakespeare quest.” PLUS our usual recap of this week’s daily highlights in Shakespearean history.
- Daniel Craig and David Oyelowo to star in Othello
- Davis Shakespeare Festival announces 2016 plans
- Titus Andronicus by Chesapeake Shakespeare Company
- Best Shakespeare films
- How Shakespeare rewrote history with Henry V
- Gore and glory: how Shakespeare immortalized the Battle of Agincourt
- Englishman Completes “Shakespeare Quest” at OSF
- Is Shakespeare’s Shylock antisemitic? Howard Jacobson takes a deeper view
- As You Like It by Annapolis Shakespeare Company (review)
- The Taming of the Shrew by Philadelphia Shakespeare Theatre (reviews: Phinde.com | DC Metro)
- The Merry Wives of Windsor by Southwest Shakespeare Company (review)
- Othello by Royal Shakespeare Company (cinema review)
- The Comedy of Errors by National Theatre (review)
This podcast was recorded with the built-in microphone on an Acer Chromebook C720, using AudioRecorder from gideon.weissman (webaudiodemos.appspot.com). It was then edited in Adobe Audition Creative Cloud on a Dell Inspiron 3847 computer.
The bumper music (Blue Nuke) and the segue music (Sonic Chaos) are courtesy of Royalty Free Music.com, which offers a comprehensive music library of production music for your various royalty free music needs including full albums, tracks and free music clips, loops, and beats available for download.