This week’s Shakespeare news review includes a videogame/stage show mashup, a Chrome Web App, myths, Macbeth and Michael Fassbender. PLUS our usual recap of this week’s daily highlights in Shakespearean history.
- New stage show Hamlet: The Video Game turns Shakespeare into shoot ’em up
- Shakespeare’s dark tragedy Macbeth comes to Forum Studio Theatre in Chester
- Shakespeare In Bits Chrome Web Apps Launch
- Southern California Shakespeare Festival presents Macbeth at Cal Poly Pomona
- Macbeth with Michael Fassbender
- King Lear by Pittsburgh Shakespeare in the Parks
- The Oregon Shakespeare Festival Focuses on Diversity
- Five Myths About Shakespeare
- Twelfth Night by Harbor Playhouse
- Shakespeare Influence Quiz
- Macbeth at San Quentin Prison
This podcast was recorded with the built-in microphone on an Acer Chromebook C720, using AudioRecorder from gideon.weissman (webaudiodemos.appspot.com). It was then edited in Adobe Audition Creative Cloud on a Dell Inspiron 3847 computer.
The bumper music (Blue Nuke) and the segue music (Sonic Chaos) are courtesy of Royalty Free Music.com, which offers a comprehensive music library of production music for your various royalty free music needs including full albums, tracks and free music clips, loops, and beats available for download.