This week’s Shakespeare news review includes Sam Waterston, Shakespeare “unfriend”-ed, The Essential Secrets For Surviving the Shakespeare in the Park Line, a boatload of previews and reviews. PLUS our usual recap of this week’s daily highlights in Shakespearean history.
- Surprising responses to Hamlet Africa tour
- The Essential Secrets For Surviving the Shakespeare in the Park Line
- Shakespeare camp adds Puppet Workshop
- Sam Waterston starting his 10th Shakespeare in the Park production as Prospero in The Tempest
- Shakespeare’s Globe’s final season under Dominic Dromgoole
- How Shakespeare invented ‘unfriend’ 400 years before Facebook
- Montana Shakespeare in the Parks announces season
- All Female The Comedy of Errors by Silicon Valley Shakespeare
- Latino Spin on Shakespeare’s Midsummer Features 15-Foot Puppets
- Marin Shakespeare Company 2015 Season
- Los Angeles area Shakespeare openings
- Twelfth Night by Shakespeare in the Park
- As You Like It by American Theatre Company
- The Merchant of Venice by Sport for Jove (review)
- The Two Gentlemen of Verona by Annapolis Shakespeare Company (review)
This podcast was recorded with the built-in microphone on an Acer Chromebook C720, using AudioRecorder from gideon.weissman (webaudiodemos.appspot.com). It was then edited in Adobe Audition Creative Cloud on a Dell Inspiron 3847 computer.
The bumper music (Blue Nuke) and the segue music (Sonic Chaos) are courtesy of Royalty Free Music.com, which offers a comprehensive music library of production music for your various royalty free music needs including full albums, tracks and free music clips, loops, and beats available for download.