This week’s Shakespeare news review includes a Artistic Director for Shakespeare’s Globe, Derek Jacobi as Mercutio, Wittenberg the play, and Elsinore the video game. PLUS our usual recap of this week’s daily highlights in Shakespearean history.
- Shakespeare Company’s As You Like It in Vertigo Studio Theatre
- Shakespeare’s airport’: Birmingham airport rebranding ‘ridiculous’
- Santa Cruz Shakespeare’s audacious move to gender equity
- American Shakespeare Center mounts Wittenberg
- Door Shakespeare announces 2015 season
- Derek Jacobi joins Branagh’s Romeo and Juliet cast
- Elsinore, the game
- Shakespeare’s Globe names new artistic director
- Stevenson: ‘Even Shakespeare is awful for middle-aged women’
- King John by Shakespeare’s Globe (review)
- The Merchant of Venice by Shakespeare’s Globe (review)
- Much Ado About Nothing by Tarragon Theatre (review)
- The Two Gentlemen of Verona by Fiasco Theater (review)
This podcast was recorded with the built-in microphone on an Acer Chromebook C720, using AudioRecorder from gideon.weissman (webaudiodemos.appspot.com). It was then edited in Adobe Audition Creative Cloud on a Dell Inspiron 3847 computer.
The bumper music (Blue Nuke) and the segue music (Sonic Chaos) are courtesy of Royalty Free Music.com, which offers a comprehensive music library of production music for your various royalty free music needs including full albums, tracks and free music clips, loops, and beats available for download.