This week’s Shakespeare news review includes a new image of Shakespeare, Fassbender’s Macbeth slays ’em at Cannes, and a boatload of reviews of the new production of As You Like It at Shakespeare’s Globe. PLUS our usual recap of this week’s daily highlights in Shakespearean history.
- Shakespeare company bringing productions to Rose Playhouse
- Montclair Shakespeare Series launches with Twelfth Night
- How to get tickets for Shakespeare in the Park
- A New Image of William Shakespeare Has Been Discovered, Historian Says
- New Image of Shakespeare Reaction
- Hamlet by Shakespeare’s Globe in Bangkok
- Dunedin’s Fortune Theatre holds Shakespeare marathon
- Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare’s Globe at Spoleto Festival USA
- Michael Fassbender as Macbeth
- Shakespeare in San Francisco
- Montana Shakespeare in the Parks to perform The Taming of the Shrew and Cyrano de Bergerac during 2015 summer tour
- ShakesBEER Pub Crawls by New York Shakspeare Exchange
- Much Ado About Nothing by Thou Art Here!
- Oklahoma Shakespeare in the Park
- DruidShakespeare by Druid Theatre Company (review)
- Antony and Cleopatra by St. Louis Shakespeare (review)
- Macbeth with Michael Fassbender (reviews: Hollywood Reporter | Variety | WhatCulture)
- As You Like It by Shakespeare’s Globe (reviews: Telegraph | The Stage | Daily Mail | Independent | What’s On Stage | Standard | Financial Times | Londonist)
This podcast was recorded with the built-in microphone on an Acer Chromebook C720, using AudioRecorder from gideon.weissman (webaudiodemos.appspot.com). It was then edited in Adobe Audition Creative Cloud on a Dell Inspiron 3847 computer.
The bumper music (Blue Nuke) and the segue music (Sonic Chaos) are courtesy of Royalty Free Music.com, which offers a comprehensive music library of production music for your various royalty free music needs including full albums, tracks and free music clips, loops, and beats available for download.