This week’s Shakespeare news review includes stories from the five NY boroughs, Dublin, Ireland, Harare, Zimbabwe, San Diego, Montgomery, Alabama, Kalamzaoo, Michigan, Sellwood, Oregon, Atlanta, Georgia, and Cincinnati, Ohio (ALL ABOARD!). PLUS our usual recap of this week’s daily highlights in Shakespearean history.
- Public Theater Mobile Unit: Macbeth
- Romeo and Juliet at the Gate Theater
- Hamlet by Shakespeare’s Globe
- Hendrix College English professor awarded SAA Dissertation Prize
- Old Globe offers encore of Thinking Shakespeare Live
- 154 Sonnets for Shakespeare’s 451st Birthday
- Here’s What Happens in Shakespeare’s Most Plays
- Barefoot Shakespeare’s 2015 Summer Season
- Doctor Who and Shakespeare
- Suggestions for high school students approaching Hamlet
- New York Shakespeare Exchange’s Sonnet Project
- King Lear by Alabama Shakespeare Festival
- Shakespeare springing up all over
- Henry V by RSC’s First Encounters
- Richard III by Kalamazoo Civic
- Post5 Theatre preview
- The Taming of the Shrew by Atlanta Shakespeare Company (review)
- Love’s Labor’s Won by Royal Shakespeare Company (review)
- The Taming of the Shrew by Cincinnati Shakespeare Company (review)
This podcast was recorded with the built-in microphone on an Acer Chromebook C720, using AudioRecorder from gideon.weissman (webaudiodemos.appspot.com). It was then edited in Adobe Audition Creative Cloud on a Dell Inspiron 3847 computer.
The bumper music (Blue Nuke) and the segue music (Sonic Chaos) are courtesy of Royalty Free Music.com, which offers a comprehensive music library of production music for your various royalty free music needs including full albums, tracks and free music clips, loops, and beats available for download.