Podcast: Play in new window | Download
This week’s Shakespeare news review includes Lear with puppets, Blood Reigns, The Merchant of Venice in OP, Scorsese directing Branagh in Macbeth, and the reburial of Richard III. PLUS our usual recap of this week’s daily highlights in Shakespearean history.
- Oregon Shakespeare Festival announces 2016 season
- Chicago Shakespeare announces 2015-6 season
- The Madness of King Lear… Puppets
- The Merchant of Venice in Original Pronunciation by the Baltimore Shakespeare Factory
- Branagh to receive Pragnell Shakespeare Birthday award
- Scorsese to direct Branagh in Macbeth
- The Taming of the Shrew by Lantern Theater Company
- Richard III re-buried at Leicester Cathedral
- What are the TL;DR version of Shakespeare’s plays?
- What Shakespeare knew about Robert Durst
- Shakespeare’s grave should be exhumed using techniques honed for Richard III
- Hamlet and Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead at the Wilma Theater
- Stratford-upon-Avon announces events to celebrate Shakespeare’s 451st birthday
- The Merry Wives of Windsor by Marco Players
- Much Ado About Nothing by Theatricum Elysium San Pedro Rep (review)
- Blood Reigns: The War of the Roses by St. Louis Shakespeare (reviews: River Front Times | St. Louis Today)
5:35 — should be “famed French actress” not “British actress”
This podcast was recorded with the built-in microphone on an Acer Chromebook C720, using AudioRecorder from gideon.weissman (webaudiodemos.appspot.com). It was then edited in Adobe Audition Creative Cloud on a Dell Inspiron 3847 computer.
The bumper music (Blue Nuke) and the segue music (Sonic Chaos) are courtesy of Royalty Free Music.com, which offers a comprehensive music library of production music for your various royalty free music needs including full albums, tracks and free music clips, loops, and beats available for download.