Podcast: Play in new window | Download
This week’s Shakespeare news review includes American Shakespeare Center announcing 2015/16 artistic year, the collapse of Brian Blessed onstage during a performance of King Lear, “Will Shakespeare: Secret Jesuit?”, and Dunsinane. PLUS our usual recap of this week’s daily highlights in Shakespearean history.
- RSC head of digital development: tech must inform creativity, not trump it
- Brian Blessed collapses on stage
- Will Shakespeare: Secret Jesuit?
- Dallas Central Library hosts First Folio
- American Shakespeare Center announces 2015/16 artistic year
- Macbeth in brutal expressionism
- The Merry Wives of Windsor by Orlando Shakespeare Theater
- Twelfth Night by Theatre Project and TP&Co
- Richard the Third and Goal by Bloody Shakepeare
- Romeo and Juliet by Hypokrit Theater Company
- DruidShakespeare: The History Plays
- King Lear by Southwest Shakespeare (review)
- Twelfth Night by Colonial Playhouse (review)
This podcast was recorded using a Blue Snowball microphone onto an ASUS laptop, using Audacity recording software. It was then edited in Adobe Audition Creative Cloud on a Dell Inspiron 3847 computer.
The bumper music (Blue Nuke) and the segue music (Sonic Chaos) are courtesy of Royalty Free Music.com, which offers a comprehensive music library of production music for your various royalty free music needs including full albums, tracks and free music clips, loops, and beats available for download.