Podcast: Play in new window | Download
This week’s Shakespeare news review includes Sons of Anarchy, the Curtain Theatre, Shakespeare’s Globe 2015 cinema releases, the new season of PBS’s Shakespeare Uncovered, Macbeth Rebothered, Pentametron, South African homeless Shakespeare, reviews of some holiday season Shakespeare productions. PLUS our usual recap of this week’s daily highlights in Shakespearean history.
- Shakespeare’s Curtain Theatre
- Sons of Anarchy
- Shakespeare’s Globe announces plays to screen in cinemas in 2015
- Shakespeare Uncovered
- The Tempest by Shakespeare Theatre Company
- Shakespeare’s Theatres and the Effects of Performance
- Macbeth Rebothered by the Penny Dreadfuls
- Into the (Shakespearean) Woods by Good Tickle Brain
- Hidden Shakespeare
- Homeless men perform Shakespeare in Auckland Park
- Derek Magyar to Direct Immersive, Multi-media Romeo & Juliet
- Titus Andronicus by New York Shakespeare Exchange
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream by Southern Shakespeare
- Twelfth Night by the NOLA Project (reviews: Best of New Orleans | New Orleans Advocate | Broadway World)
- Measure for Measure by Fiasco Theater (review)
- Much Ado About Nothing by Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey (reviews: NJ.com | Daily Record)
- The Winter’s Tale by Slipstream Theatre Initiative (review)
- Pericles by Chicago Shakespeare Theatre (reviews: Chicago Now | Chicago Tribune | Chicagoist)
This podcast was recorded using a Blue Snowball microphone onto an ASUS laptop, using Audacity recording software. It was then edited in Adobe Audition Creative Cloud on a Dell Inspiron 3847 computer.
The bumper music (Blue Nuke) and the segue music (Sonic Chaos) are courtesy of Royalty Free Music.com, which offers a comprehensive music library of production music for your various royalty free music needs including full albums, tracks and free music clips, loops, and beats available for download.