Podcast: Play in new window | Download
This week’s podcast continues off our two month-long discussion of Julius Caesar, with a deep dive into the mastery of Antony’s funeral oration. Plus, I’ve got the announcement of a contest.
Don’t forget to enter the contest for an autographed copy of Shakespeare for Kids: Julius Caesar.
Due to the length of this podcast, here’s a helpful list of bookmarks…
- 00:00 – begin podcast
- 00:25 – introduction
- 01:10 – oration section 1; recording
- 03:30 – oration section 1; discussion
- 10:55 – oration section 2; recording
- 12:00 – oration section 2; discussion
- 16:27 – oration section 3; recording
- 17:30 – oration section 3; discussion
- 19:40 – oration section 4; recording
- 21:45 – oration section 4; discussion
- 28:00 – oration section 5; recording
- 29:10 – oration section 5; discussion
- 31:15 – oration section 6; recording
- 32:25 – oration section 6; discussion
- 33:55 – contest announcement
- 35:50 – close
- 38:02 – end podcast
Antony’s funeral oration is taken from Julius Caesar, an Audible Audio Edition, published by L.A. Theatre Works (released on July 12, 2002); the actor playing Antony is Richard Dreyfuss.
This podcast was recorded using a Blue Snowball microphone onto an ASUS laptop, using Audacity recording software. It was then edited in Adobe Audition Creative Cloud on a Dell Inspiron 3847 computer.
The bumper music (Loop 90) and the segue music (Morning Show Segue) are courtesy of Royalty Free Music.com, which offers a comprehensive music library of production music for your various royalty free music needs including full albums, tracks and free music clips, loops, and beats available for download.