This week’s Shakespeare news review includes the passing of the ‘Shakespeare of Rock and Roll,’ dice, fake news, and lotsa Roman reviews. PLUS our usual recap of this week’s daily highlights in Shakespearean history.
- Shakespeare of rock ‘n’ roll’ Chuck Berry dies at 90
- Theatre expert: Shakespeare was bisexual, claims he’s straight are ‘fake news’
- Shakespeare Dice: Twelfth Night
- For juveniles sentenced to Shakespeare, the world’s a stage
- There’s a whole lotta Shakespeare around Philly right now
- Shakespeare in the Peck Pavilion is much ado about something
- Texas Shakespeare Festival sets lineup for 32nd season
- In Antony and Cleopatra, Michael Dorn boldly goeth to Shakespeare’s Egypt
- Prenzie to perform Shakespeare’s Coriolanus
- Aux Dog Theatre to inaugurate SHAKESPEARE 505 Project with Much Ado About Nothing
- Antony and Cleopatra by Royal Shakespeare Company (reviews: The Stage | Reviews Hub)
- Julius Caesar by Royal Shakespeare Company (reviews: The Stage | Reviews Hub)
- Antony and Cleopatra AND Julius Caesar by Royal Shakespeare Company (reviews: Telegraph | Express and Star)
- Roman Tragedies by Toneelgroep Amsterdam at the Barbicon (review)
This podcast was recorded with a Yeti microphone by Blue Microphones on an iPad Air 2, using GarageBand for iOS. It was then edited in Adobe Audition Creative Cloud on a Dell Inspiron 3847 computer.
The bumper music (Blue Nuke) and the segue music (Sonic Chaos) are courtesy of Royalty Free Music.com, which offers a comprehensive music library of production music for your various royalty free music needs including full albums, tracks and free music clips, loops, and beats available for download.