This week’s Shakespeare news review includes the Mexican-American War, a rock-tude Bard, Greece in the 60s, and a Welsh Macbeth. PLUS our usual recap of this week’s daily highlights in Shakespearean history.
- Shakespeare classic takes Latino turn
- TNT’s Will wants to be your rock and roll Shakespeare
- Shakespeare’s The Comedy of Errors to play through Feb. 12
- Selling Shakespeare With a Nod to the 1960s
- Grassroots Shakespeare inserts fresh ideas into King Lear
- New Welsh production of Macbeth will be broadcast live to theatres across Wales
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream by Nelson Summer Shakespeare Festival (review)
- Cymbeline by Theatre Prometheus (review)
- 03:26 – should be “sons” not “son”
This podcast was recorded with a Yeti microphone by Blue Microphones on an iPad Air 2, using GarageBand for iOS. It was then edited in Adobe Audition Creative Cloud on a Dell Inspiron 3847 computer.
The bumper music (Blue Nuke) and the segue music (Sonic Chaos) are courtesy of Royalty Free Music.com, which offers a comprehensive music library of production music for your various royalty free music needs including full albums, tracks and free music clips, loops, and beats available for download.